EOTO has been serving the underprivileged children of India since last 30 years. The NGO is established since 1983. We have spread our activities over eight schools in Mumbai and two in Bangalore. In 2003, EOTO decided to serve the more needy villages and started it’s activities in four villages around Mumbai. In 2008, EOTO started mobile library to reach out to ten more villages around Palghar. Today, more than 8000 children directly benefit from it’s programs every year and 8000 children have passed out of the program and moved on in their professional life as welders, nurses, doctors, engineers etc.
EOTO has been conducting Tuition classes for a decade at Sion and Vile Parle BMC School. The students are from class 5th to 10th grade and are chosen by personal visit of EOTO staff. At Vile Parle, children are of under privileged school and the project is supported by Emphasis IT Solutions. At Sion, the school children thought are of SC/ST community and the project is supported by Tata Motors. EOTO felt the need to conduct Impact Assessment studies for the 2 projects to communicate it with its stakeholders, to provide transparency and accountability report to its resource partners, to measure impact created by the projects.
Social Audit / Impact Assessment Studies:
CSRDS conducted social audit at both the locations. The following steps were taken: •
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Primary and secondary data collection by focused group discussion, individual interviews, project site visits, end beneficiaries home visits
- Qualitative and Quantitative questionnaires for each stakeholder
- Data Analysis using SPSS Tool
- Benchmarking/Rating Indicators for the project
- Comparative Analysis: Evaluate similar projects in the surrounding and the best global project in this arena
- Social Monitoring mechanism for the project
- Government schemes for education/skills training of underprivileged children and SC/ST Children
Client: Each One Teach One
Intervention: Social Audit / Impact Assessment
In Association: CSR Advisors