Omkar believes in inclusive redevelopment doctrine as progressive solution to make Mumbai a slum-free and highly habitable city. Omkar is proud about the fact that, over the years, the brand has managed to develop as a role model for inclusive and progressive redevelopment in city’s slum rehabilitation space. While denting the city’s image and being a serious impediment for infrastructural growth, the slums occupying almost half of the city are negating the future progress of existing and future generations. An estimated 7-8 million of Mumbai’s resident population is living in denials facing extremely challenging circumstances. Omkar has begun Skills Training Programs across it’s SRAs in association with multi-level engagement with corporates, government etc.
Omkar builders wanted to initiate skills development programs to enable people become economically sustainable. To realize this mission they had to conduct need assessment/baseline studies in all the SRAs in Mumbai. CSRDS conducted Need Assessment of more than 25,000 households living in SRAs.
Locations: Bhoiwada, Khaprideo, Worli, Malad, Majaswadi – Jogeshwari, Lower Parel.
Baseline Survey / Need Assessment:
- CSRDS formulated teams for each SRA and trained the surveyors to conduct training and to understand the needs of the people in between the lines.
- An exhaustive data analysis was conducted to understand the requirement of the people
- Collaborations with corporates was guided by CSRDS leading to macro stakeholder engagement and partnership.
- To engage End Beneﬁciaries programs were conducted and CSR Heads of various organizations were invited to interview candidates of SRA.•SROI Forecasting was conducted during need assessment.
- A detailed baseline survey/need assessment report was delivered.
Client: Omkar Builders
Intervention: Baseline Survey
In Association: Sustainable Square Pvt Ltd